Intense. Rich. Wild. Harissa is to North Africa what tomato sauce is to Australia; fresh chilies whipped into a frenzy by a potent concoction of spices – the adventurous addition to any foodie’s repertoire. Sitting on the front porch of North Africa, it yells at passing foodstuffs while packing a chilli-flavoured punch. Fully loaded and ready to blast your taste buds!
- Brush up your skills – smearing as much as you like on fish or chicken and then slow roast it.
- Introduce it to not-so-spicy foods like pastas, soups, scrambled eggs, yogurts etc… sit back and watch the sparks fly!
- Team it up with cream cheese or hummous for some extra spice muscle.
- Become a chilli-onaire, tossing with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil in a salad.
Honey Harissa Roast Salmon (pictured)
- 900g salmon fillet, skin on
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Pilpel Harissa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass (white section only)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- To serve – fresh herbs (we used coriander, parsley and dill), chopped pistachios, toasted pine nuts
Combine butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Place over high heat, stirring, until sugar has dissolved and butter melted. Remove from the heat, whisk in tomato paste, Pilpel Harissa, olive oil, lemongrass and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then allow to cool completely.
Place salmon side into a large, non-reactive container. Pour cooled marinade over the salmon, carefully turning to coat then cover and refrigerate for 30 mins to marinate. Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan). Roast salmon 5 mins, then remove from oven, preheat grill to 200ºC and grill for 5 mins.
Serve immediately scattered with torn fresh herbs, pistachios and pine nuts.
Garlic, water, chilli (29%), coriander, spices, salt
Contains garlic and chilli
Does not contain dairy or nuts
Pack size: 200g Serving per Package: 10 Serving size: 20g
|Ave. Quantity Per Serving||Ave. Quantity Per 100g|
|Energy||100kJ (24Cal)||500kJ (119Cal)|
|Fat - Total||0.9g||4.3g|