Vampires are all in vogue right now, and we think even they would struggle to keep their fangs off this tasty number. Where others lack bite, our killer dip delivers a distinctive yet delicate flavour, driving a wooden stake of yumminess through any unsuspecting dish. What else can we say? – it’s the simplicity and purity of it that eclipses the competition. Truly a taste to die for!
- Meatballs + toothpicks + garlic dip = empty appetizer platter!
- The perfect smear campaign for toasted pita bread, Turkish bread, or pizza.
- Sink your teeth into garlic coated prawns, fish or BBQ meat.
- Fold through mashed potatoes for a surprising twist.
- Give seafood pasta a wake up call.
Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder (pictured)
You will need to begin this recipe the day before
- 2kg lamb shoulder, bone in
- 1 x 200g Pilpel Garlic Dip, plus extra, to serve
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- ¼ preserved lemon, peel only, very finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients, except lamb, in a bowl. Mix well. Spread all over lamb then place into a non-reactive container and refrigerate overnight (min 8 hours) to marinate.
Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan). Place lamb on a baking rack on top of a baking tray. Roast, uncovered for 30 mins. Drop heat to 120ºC (100ºC fan), cover lamb with foil and roast for a further 7 hours. Remove foil, roast, uncovered for 30 mins.
Serve with extra Pilpel Garlic Dip, as part of a banquet.
Sunflower oil [antioxidant (tocopherol concentrate)], garlic (14%), water, salt, acidity regulator (citric acid)
Does not contain dairy, chilli or nuts
Pack size: 200g Serving per Package: 10 Serving size: 20g
|Ave. Quantity Per Serving||Ave. Quantity Per 100g|
|Energy||557kJ (133Cal)||2780kJ (664Cal)|
|Fat - Total||14.7g||73.5g|