Great friends do everything together, but these two buddies appear to have missed the memo about not playing with fire. Luckily for us, the result is the very definition of scrumptiousness – spreadable, dippable, and unstoppable. And you won’t need a microscope to feast your eyes on the char-grilled ingredients – equal parts of flavour, working together in harmony to make beautiful music on your taste buds. Fire up your appetite today!
- Use with bruschetta topped with roasted capsicum and spices for a certain crowd-pleaser.
- Introduce it to its cousins by throwing in with your next mixed greens collection – green beans, snake beans, snow peas, broccoli etc.
- For a delicious layer in your next vegetarian lasagna, look no further.
- Mix through cooked rice, or add to your favourite sushi roll.
Bloody Mary Pasta (pictured)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 200g Pilpel Eggplant Capsicum dip
- 700g good-quality passata
- 60ml vodka (optional)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp celery salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 500g pasta (we used radiatori but penne would also work well)
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and celery and gently saute 3-4 mins or until softened but not coloured. Add Pilpel Eggplant Capsicum dip, passata, vodka, Worcestershire, Tabasco and celery salt. Season generously with pepper then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 8-10 mins.
Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and serve with sauce and shaved parmesan.
Eggplant (45%), roasted red capsicum (45%), sunflower oil [antioxidant (tocopherol concentrate)], garlic, salt, acidity regulator (citric acid)
Does not contain dairy, chilli or nuts
Pack size: 200g Serving per Package: 10 Serving size: 20g
|Ave. Quantity Per Serving||Ave. Quantity Per 100g|
|Energy||124kJ (29Cal)||619kJ (148Cal)|
|Fat - Total||1.2g||6.0g|